John Bell is a retired consumer packaged goods CEO and global strategy consultant to some of the world's most respected blue-chip organizations. A prolific writer, John's musings on strategy, leadership, and branding have appeared in various marketing journals and publications such as Fortune and Forbes. He has served as a director of several private, public, and not-for-profit organizations.
Do Less Better has its roots in John Bell’s early career. At that time, John and a young leadership team faced the daunting task of resurrecting a company with a broad product range and buckets of red ink. That team took a step few leaders do, setting aside their own egos and trimming the company down to a shadow of its former self. The business that remained grew rapidly because they concentrated on running it, and nothing else. The lesson-learned served him well throughout his career as a CEO and then consultant: smart sacrifice is the surprising secret to success.
Click here to visit this episode's sponsor, Doodle! Get easy, online scheduling that helps you find a date for any kind of meeting 2x faster!
Please connect with me
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy