Christin Taylor is the author of Shipwrecked in L.A.: Finding Purpose in a Life Adrift.
Most people encounter at least one “shipwreck” during their twenties. Everything you think you know about yourself, your life, your future, and even your faith suddenly breaks apart. You’re left scrambling to construct a lifeboat that will take you back to the shore.
Christin Taylor knew how her life was going to turn out, but just eight weeks after moving to L.A., her hopes and dreams were shattered. The next four years found Christin circling around, into, and back out of the film industry, until she finally found her way home.
Christin lives in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Dwayne, and their children, Noelle and Nathan. They have lived and worked with college students since 2008. Christin teaches writing at Gettysburg College.
Covered in this episode:
- Shipwrecked by Christin Taylor
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott
- Strengthfinders 2.0 by Tom Rath
Please connect with me
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy