Donald Miller is all about story. He is the author of several books, including multiple New York Times Best Sellers. Donald is also the founder of Storyline, an organization that helps people live better stories. He's helped thousands overcome a sense of meaninglessness by helping them create their Storyline life plan. If you're struggling with a sense of meaningless, pick up Storyline today. After studying story for years and successfully using the elements of story to engage customers, Don created StoryBrand, a process any business owner or marketing team can go through to create a communication script that will increase sales. Don is also the creator of the Storyline Productivity Schedule, a free daily schedule using modern psychology to increase a person's productivity. Don believes getting your story straight changes everything.
Covered in this episode:
- How Don got started writing
- How he continued at it, attained great success and learned to deal with those new expectations
- Kept going through a cycle of failure, wrestling with it, success and new expectations
- Learned how the principles of a good story can lead to a meaningful life
- The Storyline Conference
- The Storyline 2.0 Life Plan
- The Storyline Productivity Schedule
- Life isn't meaningless. What you do with it can make it FEEL meaningless, but you can fix that. - Donald Miller (Click to Tweet this)
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Focus and Finish
Some of Erik's Favorite Storyline Blog Posts by Don:
- 2 Solutions I've Found for Productivity
- How I Learned to Not be Overwhelmed
- You Don’t Have to Make Your Bed to Write a Book
Make sure to go grab the Storyline Productivity Schedule for FREE. The Schedule will help you:
- Overcome procrastination
- Radically increase productivity
- Not feel overwhelmed
- Manage your mental energy instead of your time
- Enjoy a guilt-free work structure
- Create a daily, healthy routine you can repeat for life
- Finish the major projects you’ve been dreaming about
Please tweet to Don to thank him for being on the show and let him know what you learned!
Thank you for supporting us in the Podcast Awards!
You were awesome in supporting us in the Podcast Awards! It was a huge honor to be nominated and have several of our podcasts as finalists. Sadly, we didn’t win, but we are deeply grateful for the support you gave! Congratulations to all the winners!