Allison Vesterfelt quit her full time job to chase her dream of becoming a writer. Since that point she can’t help but write about what it looks like to live with less; to give up the things that aren’t important so she can chase the things that are. Allison’s book Packing Light is about just that.
Inspired by the courage of a friend, and the story of The Rich Young Ruler from the Gospels, she decided to quit her full-time job, move out of her apartment, sell nearly everything she owned and spend the next six months driving across the country.
On the trip I started to discover what it looked like to live life with less baggage, both in actuality, and as a metaphor.
— Erik Fisher (@ErikJFisher) May 6, 2014
Covered in this episode:
- Allison’s book ‘Packing Light’
- Overcoming Procrastination
- The power of choice
- Donald Miller’s Storyline Productivity Schedule
- Donald Miller’s Beyond the To-Do List Episode
Make sure to tweet at Allison and thank her for appearing on this episode!
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- WONDERLAND: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland podcast
- Resurrection Revealed: Resurrection podcast
- Under the Dome Radio: Under the Dome podcast
- The Sci-Phi Show: Science-fiction and philosophy
- Christian Meets World: Christian worldview and the everyday