Allison Vesterfelt quit her full time job to chase her dream of becoming a writer. Since that point she can’t help but write about what it looks like to live with less; to give up the things that aren’t important so she can chase the things that are. Allison's book Packing Light is about just that.
Inspired by the courage of a friend, and the story of The Rich Young Ruler from the Gospels, she decided to quit her full-time job, move out of her apartment, sell nearly everything she owned and spend the next six months driving across the country.
On the trip I started to discover what it looked like to live life with less baggage, both in actuality, and as a metaphor.
— Erik Fisher (@ErikJFisher) May 6, 2014
Covered in this episode:
- Allison's book 'Packing Light'
- Overcoming Procrastination
- The power of choice
- Donald Miller's Storyline Productivity Schedule
- Donald Miller's Beyond the To-Do List Episode
Make sure to tweet at Allison and thank her for appearing on this episode!
We need your help in the 2015 Podcast Awards!
Please nominate our shows in the Podcast Awards! It's fast and easy. You would be awesome to help us, as you and others have been awesome before.
- Visit podcastawards.com
- Under Peoples Choice, add Resurrection Revealed http://ResurrectionRevealed.com/
- Under Best Produced, add ONCE - Once Upon a Time podcast http://ONCEpodcast.com/
- Under Business, add Beyond the To-Do List http://BeyondtheToDoList.com/
- Under Comedy, add the Ramen Noodle clean comedy http://CleanComedyPodcast.com/
- Under Entertainment, add Welcome to Level Seven http://WelcometoLevelSeven.com/
- Under General, add The Productive Woman http://TheProductiveWoman.com/
- Under Religion Inspiration, add Are You Just Watching? http://AreYouJustWatching.com/
- Under Technology, add The Audacity to Podcast http://TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/
- Enter your name and email address
- Choose whether you're a listener, podcaster, or both
- Click Submit