Jeff Goins, author, blogger, and speaker joins me this week. Jeff speaks on a variety of topics including writing and storytelling, as well as marketing and making a difference in the world. In 2011, his blog was voted one of the “Top 10 Blogs on Writing” by WritetoDone.com, and his writing has been featured on some of the most popular blogs on the Internet, including Copyblogger, Problogger, and Zen Habits (voted byTIME Magazine as one of the top 50 websites of 2008).
Jeff's first book, Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable Life, was just released in August, 2012. It spent two weeks in the Top 100 Books list on Amazon.com and has already gone into a second printing.
Covered in this episode:
- Fear of claiming your title
- Steven Pressfield - Turning Pro
- You’re probably already that thing you want to call yourself, you’re just afraid to name it. - @JeffGoins <-Click to tweet this
- Most people won’t believe that you are an artist until you do. - @JeffGoins <-Click to tweet this
- Seth Godin: Practice In Public
- Elizabeth Gilbert TED Talk
- Morning routines
- Walking not for fitness, but for slowing down
- Commitments are good for you
- Seth Godin: Stop stalling
Thank you for supporting us in the Podcast Awards!
You were awesome in supporting us in the Podcast Awards! It was a huge honor to be nominated and have several of our podcasts as finalists. Sadly, we didn’t win, but we are deeply grateful for the support you gave! Congratulations to all the winners!