New York Times best-selling author Michael Hyatt returns to the show to talk about his proven, five-step process to help you get clear, get motivated, and get started on the path toward achieving your most important goals. Between being the CEO of a major corporation, building his own personal platform, and managing his family, Michael's life has been busy. And yet, he has consistently made progress and accomplished goals that he set for himself each year.
Covered in this episode:
- The difference between a resolution and a goal
- Why people don’t set goals
- The struggle of which goals to set
- The value of personal reflection in goal setting
- How to set effective goals
- Why people get stuck and give up
- Maintaining momentum and focus
- Moving past the quitting point
- How public should you make your goals?
- The most important ingredient for reaching your goals
Make sure to let Michael know if you registered for the course by tweeting to him, and thank him for being on the show.
Make sure to check out:
- Michael's conversation with his wife on his 'This Is Your Life' Podcast "HELP! I Married An Entrepreneur!" Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Michael's Journaling Template
- Erik's ebook on goals cowritten with Jim Woods.
We need your help in the 2015 Podcast Awards!
Please nominate our shows in the Podcast Awards! It's fast and easy. You would be awesome to help us, as you and others have been awesome before.
- Visit podcastawards.com
- Under Peoples Choice, add Resurrection Revealed http://ResurrectionRevealed.com/
- Under Best Produced, add ONCE - Once Upon a Time podcast http://ONCEpodcast.com/
- Under Business, add Beyond the To-Do List http://BeyondtheToDoList.com/
- Under Comedy, add the Ramen Noodle clean comedy http://CleanComedyPodcast.com/
- Under Entertainment, add Welcome to Level Seven http://WelcometoLevelSeven.com/
- Under General, add The Productive Woman http://TheProductiveWoman.com/
- Under Religion Inspiration, add Are You Just Watching? http://AreYouJustWatching.com/
- Under Technology, add The Audacity to Podcast http://TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/
- Enter your name and email address
- Choose whether you're a listener, podcaster, or both
- Click Submit