In 2009, Chris Ducker was working 14-hour days, six days a week, spending very little time with family and working ‘in’ his business, instead of ‘on’ it and was tired in every possible way. He's come a long way since then, creating the new business Virtual Staff Finder, the New Business Podcast, and his new book - Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business. He's also released a podcast series that corresponds to the new book.
Sponsored by Wrike: Get more things done with your team! Get your free 30-day premium subscription of Wrike, a popular app that makes managing tasks much more efficient and fun.
In this episode, Chris and Erik cover:
- The false believe that you can fill every role in a growing business
- Super hero syndrome
- Chris' definition of the word Entrepreneur = To provide answers to questions and solutions to problems
- Being a 16 hour a day, 7 day a week entrepreneur doesn't make you a more successful entrepreneur.
Chris's 3 lists:
- The things you hate doing
- The things you can’t do
- The things you shouldn’t be doing
Chris’s rule for email - Never open an email more than once by:
- reply or forward it
- archive it
- delete it
We need your help in the 2015 Podcast Awards!
Please nominate our shows in the Podcast Awards! It's fast and easy. You would be awesome to help us, as you and others have been awesome before.
- Visit podcastawards.com
- Under Peoples Choice, add Resurrection Revealed http://ResurrectionRevealed.com/
- Under Best Produced, add ONCE - Once Upon a Time podcast http://ONCEpodcast.com/
- Under Business, add Beyond the To-Do List http://BeyondtheToDoList.com/
- Under Comedy, add the Ramen Noodle clean comedy http://CleanComedyPodcast.com/
- Under Entertainment, add Welcome to Level Seven http://WelcometoLevelSeven.com/
- Under General, add The Productive Woman http://TheProductiveWoman.com/
- Under Religion Inspiration, add Are You Just Watching? http://AreYouJustWatching.com/
- Under Technology, add The Audacity to Podcast http://TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/
- Enter your name and email address
- Choose whether you're a listener, podcaster, or both
- Click Submit