In 2009, Chris Ducker was working 14-hour days, six days a week, spending very little time with family and working ‘in’ his business, instead of ‘on’ it and was tired in every possible way. He's come a long way since then, creating the new business Virtual Staff Finder, the New Business Podcast, and his new book - Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business. He's also released a podcast series that corresponds to the new book.
Sponsored by Wrike: Get more things done with your team! Get your free 30-day premium subscription of Wrike, a popular app that makes managing tasks much more efficient and fun.
In this episode, Chris and Erik cover:
- The false believe that you can fill every role in a growing business
- Super hero syndrome
- Chris' definition of the word Entrepreneur = To provide answers to questions and solutions to problems
- Being a 16 hour a day, 7 day a week entrepreneur doesn't make you a more successful entrepreneur.
Chris's 3 lists:
- The things you hate doing
- The things you can’t do
- The things you shouldn’t be doing
Chris’s rule for email - Never open an email more than once by:
- reply or forward it
- archive it
- delete it