Dan Miller is the author of the widely acclaimed 48 Days To The Work You Love, No More Dreaded Mondays and Wisdom Meets Passion. He hosts a weekly podcast that is consistently ranked #1 under Careers on iTunes.
Dan works to integrate your dreams and your passions into your daily activities. If you’ve ever buried your dreams in an attempt to be “practical” or “realistic,” Dan will show you how embracing those very dreams is the most practical way to enjoy life and achieve the success you’re looking for.
Covered in this episode:
- The morning is “The rudder of the day”
- The opportunity cost of a doctoral thesis vs. writing 48 Days To The Work You Love
- Intentional use of time
- Budgeting time in advance
- Long uninterrupted focused blocks of time
- Fighting distractions
- Common Areas of Self Sabotage
- The past doesn’t have to be chains around the ankles of your future.
- Creating 5 year goals and actions steps
- What would success look like for you 5 years from now? 3 years from now?
- Putting regular deposits in the 7 areas of achievement
- Donald Miller Storyline
- Living life writing your movie
- Creating inciting incidents
- We need to do some things to break the monotony of the boring life we describe. - Dan Miller @48DaysTeam <- Click to tweet
- Do something to break the routine of ‘sameness’. - Dan Miller @48DaysTeam <- Click to tweet
- Jon Acuff Quitter Conference
- Al Andrews
Discover your life calling in Dan's Books, community and podcast:
- 48 Days To The Work You Love
- No More Dreaded Mondays
- Wisdom Meets Passion
- 48Days.net Community
- 48 Days Podcast
We need your help in the 2015 Podcast Awards!
Please nominate our shows in the Podcast Awards! It's fast and easy. You would be awesome to help us, as you and others have been awesome before.
- Visit podcastawards.com
- Under Peoples Choice, add Resurrection Revealed http://ResurrectionRevealed.com/
- Under Best Produced, add ONCE - Once Upon a Time podcast http://ONCEpodcast.com/
- Under Business, add Beyond the To-Do List http://BeyondtheToDoList.com/
- Under Comedy, add the Ramen Noodle clean comedy http://CleanComedyPodcast.com/
- Under Entertainment, add Welcome to Level Seven http://WelcometoLevelSeven.com/
- Under General, add The Productive Woman http://TheProductiveWoman.com/
- Under Religion Inspiration, add Are You Just Watching? http://AreYouJustWatching.com/
- Under Technology, add The Audacity to Podcast http://TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/
- Enter your name and email address
- Choose whether you're a listener, podcaster, or both
- Click Submit