Dan Miller is the author of the widely acclaimed 48 Days To The Work You Love, No More Dreaded Mondays and Wisdom Meets Passion. He hosts a weekly podcast that is consistently ranked #1 under Careers on iTunes.
Dan works to integrate your dreams and your passions into your daily activities. If you’ve ever buried your dreams in an attempt to be “practical” or “realistic,” Dan will show you how embracing those very dreams is the most practical way to enjoy life and achieve the success you’re looking for.
Covered in this episode:
- The morning is “The rudder of the day”
- The opportunity cost of a doctoral thesis vs. writing 48 Days To The Work You Love
- Intentional use of time
- Budgeting time in advance
- Long uninterrupted focused blocks of time
- Fighting distractions
- Common Areas of Self Sabotage
- The past doesn’t have to be chains around the ankles of your future.
- Creating 5 year goals and actions steps
- What would success look like for you 5 years from now? 3 years from now?
- Putting regular deposits in the 7 areas of achievement
- Donald Miller Storyline
- Living life writing your movie
- Creating inciting incidents
- We need to do some things to break the monotony of the boring life we describe. - Dan Miller @48DaysTeam <- Click to tweet
- Do something to break the routine of ‘sameness’. - Dan Miller @48DaysTeam <- Click to tweet
- Jon Acuff Quitter Conference
- Al Andrews
Discover your life calling in Dan's Books, community and podcast:
- 48 Days To The Work You Love
- No More Dreaded Mondays
- Wisdom Meets Passion
- 48Days.net Community
- 48 Days Podcast